Techno Update..

It’s looking like my computer could be fixed by Tuesday which, fingers crossed, means I can be back to proper blogging later on next week.

Watching a white screen for what seems like hours has been frustrating in the extreme. And wouldn’t it just happen as the weather takes a turn for the worse. The seedlings in the greenhouse are getting a lot of attention and, yes, the roof still leaks.

On a less soggy note, I’ve been able to set up the iPad properly and peruse the social networks where pictures are proving easier to post. For a taster of what’s been happening around here (hint: it’s blue..) click on the facebook, twitter or google+ buttons in the top right hand corner above, you don’t need to have an account.

Normal service will resume shortly. I hope…

Have a lovely weekend, Jx

2017-10-24T19:32:52+00:00 May 9th, 2014|Tags: |

1. Jane and Lance Hattatt May 9, 2014 at 4:48 pm - Reply

Hello Jessica:

How really frustrating these things are. We are so pleased to know that the technical problems will soon be sorted out and that you will, as far as the computer is concerned, be back to normal.

So sorry to hear about the soggy weather. Here it is warm and sunny and set fair for the weekend.

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 5:53 pm - Reply

It is amazing just how quickly the sunshine dries things out again. Only a couple of warm days and we are back to irrigation again. I wondered at the time if installing a watering system would be a waste of time and money in the South West.. not on clay soil, it’s worth every penny.

2. Joanne May 9, 2014 at 4:56 pm - Reply

I’m glad to hear your computer should be back in action next week. The weather has been mixed lately, at least it is saving me from watering the pots, looking forward to seeing what you been up to.

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 5:55 pm - Reply

Very mixed, but it looks like a reasonable weekend, hooray!

3. Em May 9, 2014 at 5:19 pm - Reply

You too. There’s an army tent pitched up at Kestor so it looks like we’re one of the 10 tors’ checkpoints. It’s going to be hellish this weekend! X

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 5:57 pm - Reply

Oh goodness, hope the coming weekend will be a bit quieter.

4. Technology! Wonderful when it works but frustrating when it doesn’t. Bring back the days when a big hammer fixed most things.

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 5:58 pm - Reply

There are days when I would willingly set about my computer with a big hammer..

5. Christina May 9, 2014 at 6:17 pm - Reply

Hope it all works soon. I’ve got issues woth the internet too at the moment, most frustrating

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:00 pm - Reply

That is frustrating. I remember you saying you have satellite broadband, I had hoped that would be the answer to a lot of our problems.

6. Cathy May 9, 2014 at 7:11 pm - Reply

But just think of all the other things you can do while you were off-air, so to speak….?! 🙂

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:00 pm - Reply

I just wish there hadn’t been quite so much rain! The weeds have grown like crazy.

7. Jo May 9, 2014 at 8:39 pm - Reply

Fingers crossed that you get your computer back again next week, I’d hate to be without mine, I don’t know how we used to go on before computers were invented.

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:03 pm - Reply

Thanks Jo. I don’t know how we managed either. Mike had an unusual problem this afternoon.. everything on his screen turned upside down! I was able to do a quick google search and he was back to rights in about two minutes.

8. Sigrun May 10, 2014 at 3:05 am - Reply

Very frustrating but an option for reading more books ;))
    I will wate for you – and I’m not at twitter, facebook.

Sigrun

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:05 pm - Reply

Thanks Sigrun, at least I am never short of other things to do!

9. Janet/Plantaliscious May 10, 2014 at 8:10 am - Reply

A little light upholstery?! Hope all fixed soon, funny how our lives fall apart when our computers go phut.

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:18 pm - Reply

So true. I am certainly very reliant on mine.

10. wherefivevalleysmeet May 10, 2014 at 9:31 am - Reply

Glad that your technical problems are soon to be over Jessica – I expect that your garden has been the main beneficiary of your time. See you soon♡

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:19 pm - Reply

I’ve got a bit more done, rather too much rain though!

11. snowbird May 10, 2014 at 10:42 am - Reply

It’s a dreadful pain to be without the computer isn’t it….and to think back in the day these things didn’t exist!xx

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:21 pm - Reply

I met someone last week who has never had a computer. I don’t know how she copes, so many things these days are only online!

12. Anna May 10, 2014 at 11:17 am - Reply

Hope that it’s all systems go soon Jessica. Here we are waiting for a new router after experiencing persistent problems getting online over several weeks. Most frustrating but at least it’s not happening in the bleak mid winter 🙂

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:23 pm - Reply

I hope your new router solves it. Broadband, or the lack of it, is an absolute nightmare here.

13. Sue@GLAllotments May 10, 2014 at 12:20 pm - Reply

Good luck – hope you are soon sorted.

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:23 pm - Reply

Thanks Sue.

14. sustainablemum May 10, 2014 at 12:37 pm - Reply

Hope it is all sorted out soon, I use my ipad for everything including blogging. I can never get near our Mac!

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:25 pm - Reply

I’ve really struggled with the iPad for blogging. I’ve been using it a bit but find commenting difficult for some reason and post writing impossible. I must try out the WordPress app.

15. Antoinette May 10, 2014 at 4:56 pm - Reply

Fingers crossed the computer is sorted soon. The bluebells look wonderful!

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:26 pm - Reply

Thanks Antoinette. The bluebells still look wonderful! It’s a short season, but it encourages me into the woodland every day.

16. Rosie May 10, 2014 at 8:39 pm - Reply

Glad to hear your computer will hopefully be sorted soon. Those bluebells look wonderful:)

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:28 pm - Reply

Thanks Rosie. They didn’t rebuild it in the end, but I hope the problem is now sorted. We shall see.

17. islandthreads May 15, 2014 at 6:24 am - Reply

Jessica, sorry you have no internet and rain, how typical of life, I’m behind with blogging and reading so I hope by now one or both situations have changed, Frances

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:29 pm - Reply

I am hoping both!

18. islandthreads May 15, 2014 at 6:29 am - Reply

so that’s why the top banner didn’t/doesn’t show, the new slide show is very nice Jessica, I hope this means your computer is fixed, Frances

• Jessica May 15, 2014 at 6:32 pm - Reply

It is six years old so I suspect it is fixed until next time! I’ve a bit more work to do on the new header but glad you like it!

19. cordelia May 20, 2014 at 9:11 pm - Reply

oh….so green and verdant. BEAUTIFUL. I love the bluebells.
    have I told you I’m a little envious of that amount of rain because we’re in a drought?
    xoxo
    c

• Jessica May 20, 2014 at 10:34 pm - Reply

There must be a bit of the world where the weather is perfect, but I can’t think of one! Truly wish I could send you some of our rain..