Marooned

Do you get the impression that our road might be closed?

This is what greets us at the top of the drive. It’s only a cold that I’ve got guys, honest!

2017-11-06T22:11:41+00:00 November 9th, 2012|Tags: |

1. Sue November 9, 2012 at 12:43 pm - Reply

You must have been very naughty.

• Jessica November 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm - Reply

Just when I thought we were integrating… !

2. Sue November 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm - Reply

You’re definitely in quarantine!!

Sue xx

• Jessica November 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm - Reply

It looks like it, doesn’t it…

3. BadPenny November 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm - Reply

Bet you could get up there with a four wheel drive. Failing that jump over like an Olympic hurdler !

• Jessica November 9, 2012 at 1:05 pm - Reply

We might get quite good at hurdling… our post is being left on the other side of this lot.

4. simone November 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm - Reply

It looks like the squirrels are up to their tricks again! That will teach you to fiddle with the bird feeder!!! 🙂

• Jessica November 9, 2012 at 4:07 pm - Reply

There must be hordes of them!

5. Vera November 9, 2012 at 4:10 pm - Reply

Hope you feel better soon, Jessica. I am sure that the barriers are just there for protection of yourself from any other unwanted bugs!

• Jessica November 9, 2012 at 4:21 pm - Reply

Thanks Vera.

6. Em November 9, 2012 at 9:45 pm - Reply

I’ve found you….Our road was closed this week too but not quite as emphatically!

• Jessica November 9, 2012 at 10:08 pm - Reply

Hi Em, and welcome to rusty duck.
      It is rather overkill, isn’t it…??!!

7. CherryPie November 10, 2012 at 11:47 pm - Reply

I hope you are feeling better soon 🙂

And when you are you can do battle with those barriers 😉

• Jessica November 11, 2012 at 9:50 am - Reply

Thank you Cherie.
      We now have a big hole at the bottom of the drive with a board across it to walk over. Not one to try after dark! 🙂

8. starproms November 11, 2012 at 12:42 am - Reply

They weren’t kidding, were they!

• Jessica November 11, 2012 at 9:52 am - Reply

Is somebody trying to tell us something??

9. Rosie November 11, 2012 at 10:18 am - Reply

My goodness you have been well and truly cut off haven’t you? I’m assuming you were given warning it was going to happen? Hope you soon get over your cold:)

• Jessica November 11, 2012 at 10:28 am - Reply

We did know, thank goodness. The car is parked in a field, well up the lane! We stocked up the fridge etc, before they blocked off the road, to avoid having to carry heavy bags all the way back. Thanks, Rosie.

10. Josephine November 11, 2012 at 6:37 pm - Reply

I don’t like driving over those bits of board covering holes in the road, very scarey 🙂
    We used to drive over an old wooden bridge, spanning a creek, each time we crossed, I would say a iitle prayer !
    Hope your road is back up to standards before the really bad weather hits.
    ~Jo

• Jessica November 11, 2012 at 6:51 pm - Reply

I would have been saying a little prayer too!
      They are digging new rainwater drains. Next week the work will be finished, then the whole road resurfaced. I’m wondering if they’ll get the big resurfacing machine up this narrow lane 🙂 There may be an update!
      But we should be sorted by winter and then the lane (hopefully) won’t ice over as it apparently has done in recent years.

• Natalie November 15, 2012 at 11:53 am - Reply

I saw them resurfacing a road like that in Tobago, except the road was a lot curvier! Amazing what they can do.

Hope your cold gets better soon!

• Jessica November 15, 2012 at 3:15 pm - Reply

I wish they’d just get on with it. Everytime I go out, like today, I wonder if I’m going to get back to the house again!

• Natalie November 16, 2012 at 1:28 pm

That would make me more than a little uneasy!

• Jessica November 16, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Mike has had a conversation with the head of the road gang this morning. Apparently he said “Huh, don’t know why we bother with these little roads anyway”. Well in that case, as tax payers, perhaps we should not bother with his salary?

11. Modern Country Style November 15, 2012 at 8:03 pm - Reply

Ha! That’s so funny!! You need a private jet, I think!! – maybe bill the council for expenses!!

Your blog is gorgeous – you have such a warm, lovely way of writing. I’ve devoured some of your archives too – will be subscribing when I’ve finished waffling along here!!

Sarahx

• Jessica November 15, 2012 at 9:07 pm - Reply

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for your kind comments, and welcome to rusty duck!
      They still haven’t done the damn road!
      I love your blog too and it will be a constant source of inspiration as we continue to work on the cottage.
      Jx