Colours

After all the ghostly goings-on of recent posts, something more restful might be in order. One of the best places to experience autumn colour, in the UK, must be Westonbirt Arboretum.

Colours

pin it?

2017-03-04T18:44:14+00:00 October 24th, 2012|Tags: |20 Comments

1. John October 24, 2012 at 3:23 pm - Reply

Beautiful

• Jessica October 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm - Reply

Thank you.

2. BadPenny October 24, 2012 at 5:47 pm - Reply

ooooh gorgeous. The last photo with the twiggy branches & a few orange leaves leaning towards the mass of colour of the others is stunning. I must get out to the woods….. broken camera has been replaced !

• Jessica October 24, 2012 at 6:52 pm - Reply

Hurrah! Look forward to seeing the results.

3. simone October 24, 2012 at 6:23 pm - Reply

The colours are glorious. The last photo especially resonates with me!

• Jessica October 24, 2012 at 6:54 pm - Reply

Mike took the photos, so credit goes to him. The first one is his favourite, but I’m with you…

4. Denise October 24, 2012 at 11:39 pm - Reply

Where is this place? Now the motorbiking days are fading away we have the new van we need to put through it’s paces – do you have the postcode for this place?

5. Sue October 25, 2012 at 7:42 am - Reply

Wow…what absolsutely wonderful photos, well done Mike.

He’s managed to capture Mother Nature at her best, this is my favourite time of year, the colours are magnificent, I just wish it would stop raining!!

Sue xx

• Jessica October 25, 2012 at 10:44 am - Reply

Thanks, Sue.
      Unbelievably it hasn’t rained here for days… I suppose I shouldn’t say that. But the ground is so sodden from all that’s gone before I still can’t get out and work on it.

6. Rosie October 25, 2012 at 8:42 am - Reply

How beautiful! You’ve made me want to don my walking boots and go out in search of colour, especially as today is such a grey day here:)

• Jessica October 25, 2012 at 10:50 am - Reply

Thanks, Rosie.
      Grey here too. The colour is beautiful but oh so transient. There is an acer that I can see from my study window. It was full of bronze and gold leaves yesterday. Overnight half of them fell off.

7. starproms October 25, 2012 at 9:34 pm - Reply

Just wonderful. Beautiful trees in all their glory. Thank you so much. We have just as lovely colours here as in any other part of the world!!!

• Jessica October 25, 2012 at 9:48 pm - Reply

It’s inspired me to start off an ‘Acer Glade’ of my own. So far, three. But they’re a bit on the small side… 🙁

8. tracy October 26, 2012 at 9:44 am - Reply

love this time of year, stunning pictures but i now need to visit your blog later today with a cuppa and read about your ghostly adventures – i am a bit behind with your news! x

• Jessica October 26, 2012 at 9:53 am - Reply

Hi Tracy, great to hear from you & welcome back. This must be a busy time of year for you too..

9. CherryPie October 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm - Reply

Thank you for your visit to my blog 🙂

These Autumn scenes are just perfect. I have struggled to get some interesting photos of Autumn this year…

• Jessica October 28, 2012 at 10:15 pm - Reply

Hello CherryPie, and welcome to rusty duck.
      Your blog is lovely, and a pleasure to visit.
      Yes, it has been an odd year, but Westonbirt is the place to go for real autumn colour.

10. Natalie October 30, 2012 at 1:20 am - Reply

I love any and all maples. Exquisite photos!

• Jessica October 30, 2012 at 9:33 am - Reply

Maples are only grown ornamentally here, as at Westonbirt. I have planted a few, two of which are currently vivid red! But they’re only very small. Your autumn colour is so much better, I’m always envious! Thanks Natalie.