Colours

After all the ghostly goings-on of recent posts, something more restful might be in order. One of the best places to experience autumn colour, in the UK, must be Westonbirt Arboretum.

Stunning, no?

Colours

pin it?

2017-11-06T22:06:00+00:00 October 24th, 2012|Tags: |

1. John October 24, 2012 at 3:23 pm - Reply

Beautiful

• Jessica October 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm - Reply

Thank you.

2. BadPenny October 24, 2012 at 5:47 pm - Reply

ooooh gorgeous. The last photo with the twiggy branches & a few orange leaves leaning towards the mass of colour of the others is stunning. I must get out to the woods….. broken camera has been replaced !

• Jessica October 24, 2012 at 6:52 pm - Reply

Hurrah! Look forward to seeing the results.

3. simone October 24, 2012 at 6:23 pm - Reply

The colours are glorious. The last photo especially resonates with me!

• Jessica October 24, 2012 at 6:54 pm - Reply

Mike took the photos, so credit goes to him. The first one is his favourite, but I’m with you…

4. Denise October 24, 2012 at 11:39 pm - Reply

Where is this place? Now the motorbiking days are fading away we have the new van we need to put through it’s paces – do you have the postcode for this place?

5. Sue October 25, 2012 at 7:42 am - Reply

Wow…what absolsutely wonderful photos, well done Mike.

He’s managed to capture Mother Nature at her best, this is my favourite time of year, the colours are magnificent, I just wish it would stop raining!!

Sue xx

• Jessica October 25, 2012 at 10:44 am - Reply

Thanks, Sue.
      Unbelievably it hasn’t rained here for days… I suppose I shouldn’t say that. But the ground is so sodden from all that’s gone before I still can’t get out and work on it.

6. Rosie October 25, 2012 at 8:42 am - Reply

How beautiful! You’ve made me want to don my walking boots and go out in search of colour, especially as today is such a grey day here:)

• Jessica October 25, 2012 at 10:50 am - Reply

Thanks, Rosie.
      Grey here too. The colour is beautiful but oh so transient. There is an acer that I can see from my study window. It was full of bronze and gold leaves yesterday. Overnight half of them fell off.

7. starproms October 25, 2012 at 9:34 pm - Reply

Just wonderful. Beautiful trees in all their glory. Thank you so much. We have just as lovely colours here as in any other part of the world!!!

• Jessica October 25, 2012 at 9:48 pm - Reply

It’s inspired me to start off an ‘Acer Glade’ of my own. So far, three. But they’re a bit on the small side… 🙁

8. tracy October 26, 2012 at 9:44 am - Reply

love this time of year, stunning pictures but i now need to visit your blog later today with a cuppa and read about your ghostly adventures – i am a bit behind with your news! x

• Jessica October 26, 2012 at 9:53 am - Reply

Hi Tracy, great to hear from you & welcome back. This must be a busy time of year for you too..

9. CherryPie October 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm - Reply

Thank you for your visit to my blog 🙂

These Autumn scenes are just perfect. I have struggled to get some interesting photos of Autumn this year…

• Jessica October 28, 2012 at 10:15 pm - Reply

Hello CherryPie, and welcome to rusty duck.
      Your blog is lovely, and a pleasure to visit.
      Yes, it has been an odd year, but Westonbirt is the place to go for real autumn colour.

10. Natalie October 30, 2012 at 1:20 am - Reply

I love any and all maples. Exquisite photos!

• Jessica October 30, 2012 at 9:33 am - Reply

Maples are only grown ornamentally here, as at Westonbirt. I have planted a few, two of which are currently vivid red! But they’re only very small. Your autumn colour is so much better, I’m always envious! Thanks Natalie.