Bird Feeding

If it’s not one thing, it’s another.

As we wrestle with the brambles on the bank a persistent drumming sound fills the air. It seems to be coming from the bird table. The industrial strength mesh on the peanut feeder has been holding up well, so far, in spite of the squirrels’ best efforts. This time at least, I can’t hold them to account.

But just what are we going to do about ..

..him?

Bird Feeding

pin it?

2017-11-04T21:11:36+00:00 September 17th, 2012|Tags: |

1. Josephine September 17, 2012 at 4:40 pm - Reply

Lol…I would suggest enjoy his company, he’s a handsome chap !
    ~Jo

• Jessica September 17, 2012 at 6:29 pm - Reply

He is, and becoming quite tame. But he can go through corn at an alarming rate! The ‘drumming’ that we heard yesterday was his beak against the plastic tray.

2. Simone September 17, 2012 at 6:53 pm - Reply

Who wouldn’t want a pheasant at the bird table?!!!

• Jessica September 17, 2012 at 7:02 pm - Reply

Mike. He’s had Delia out.. !

3. ropcorn September 17, 2012 at 7:36 pm - Reply

Well, it is a bird table and he is a bird. 😉 Lol! I don’t much about pheasants, if they are disturbing and so. But he definitely is beautiful with all his colours. 🙂

• Jessica September 17, 2012 at 8:00 pm - Reply

Hi Alexandra!

They are always about in the woods. Sometimes I see them on my walks through the trees, and often hear them calling to each other. The smaller birds don’t get much of a look in when he’s this close!

Love your blog, and your own walks with Lisen. Jx

4. john September 17, 2012 at 10:47 pm - Reply

I love these birds because they are thick as pigsh*t
    gawd love em
    why do people with guns think that they are so superior when they blast them from the sky!?

• Jessica September 17, 2012 at 10:55 pm - Reply

Don’t get me going on people with guns.. hopefully the birds will learn that they are safe with me.

5. elaine September 18, 2012 at 6:53 pm - Reply

The cheek of it. We once had one come right up to the house and peer at us through the french doors.

• Jessica September 18, 2012 at 7:28 pm - Reply

Oh golly. Who got more of a surprise? They do seem to be very inquisitive birds. Our new chum has been in and out of the greenhouse, and stood on the bottom step of Mike’s workshop looking in. As well as continually up on the bird table, just in case we have replenished the bird seed..

6. Rosie September 19, 2012 at 4:26 pm - Reply

Squirrels dealt with who’d have thought what your next visitor might be! He is a handsome chap though. I looked out of the window this morning and saw perched on our bird feeder a jay! Never seen one of those up in the city before and never in our garden:)

• Jessica September 19, 2012 at 7:05 pm - Reply

Oh wow. No, I haven’t seen a jay down here either. They are rarely seen (according to the RSPB) because they prefer plenty of cover. Lucky you!